Hi everyone, it’s Kaysi again from Keeping it Simple.
It’s Christmas time!!! I LOVE decorating for Christmas, it is my favorite holiday! I love the feel of the season, everyone seems to be so much happier .
I made this for my front door step. I made it for Christmas but plan on keeping it out all winter long!
This is how I made it:
1) Using my Silhouette, I cut out my vinyl for the faces. I used colors: light brown, black, white, lime tree green, red, orange, yellow, and black in the outdoor vinyl from Expressions Vinyl. I got all of my images off of the Silhouette online store and the font used is called second breakfast.
For the tree:
2) I cut a 2×2 piece of wood into 4 pieces. 2″, 4″, 3″ and 2″. I painted them green and brown.
3) Next I used Expressions Vinyl’s new patterned vinyl. Because this is going to be outside, I needed it to be vinyl and not paper. I cut three strips of the vinyl and then the laminate (to protect the vinyl from fading).
4) I carefully placed the laminate onto the vinyl. I used an applicator to make sure there were no air bubbles.
5) I then applied the vinyl to the wood. This stuff is awesome, it’s so simple and easy!!
6) I glued the tree together with wood glue. I sanded the edges and put a wood star on top.
For the snowman:
7) I cut a 2×4 10″ long and then painted it white.
8) I added the face with vinyl. Then I cut a fleece scarf and tied it around the wood.
9) For the hat I took a normal glove.
10) I glued the thumb shut and then cut it off.
11) Then I placed it onto the snowman and tied the fingers with the fleece.
For the reindeer:
12) I cut a 2×4 9″ long and painted it brown.
13) I put vinyl on it for the face.
14) I painted some popsicle sticks brown and glued them on for the antlers.
For the penguin
For the base:
16) I cut the 2×4 18″ long and then painted it red. I cut the letters out with the Silhouette and then transfer it with the transfer paper.
17) I glued it all together with wood glue. For extra support, I screwed them on the bottom. I love how they turned out!! I love how the vinyl looks
I made a couple extras, to put in my house. For the tree, I didn’t use the laminate because it will be indoors.